This birthday, instead of making up a wish list of material things that don't matter, I decided to write down my bucket list. Because experiences hold far more value than any shoe/bag/ring or other sparkly things ever can.









On My Bucket List...





* Work at a fashion magazine. It may not be obvious on this blog (hahaha) but writing about fashion is my greatest passion, I'd love to live that dream. Do you remember in the movie 'The Devil Wears Prada', everyone tells Anne Hathaway's character Andy, "A million girls would kill for this job"? Well, I am one of them.

* Volunteer at an animal shelter. I have a love of cats and all things furry, and this is something I've wanted to do for ages. Unfortunately there isn't a shelter near where I live, so starting one here would be even better.

* Take creative classes - anything from art to origami, photography, floral arranging, tap dance (seriously, I've always wanted to try it), cooking and cake decorating. I truly believe that you will never what you like or what you're good at until you try everything!

* Visit the magical city of Prague. It's been my dream destination since I was young, I even started a 'Prague Fund' while I was in school. I want to immerse myself in the glorious historical architecture and bohemian streets of this enchanting city.

* Attend the couture shows at Paris Fashion Week, especially that of Elie Saab. The designer gowns are spellbinding on-screen, but to truly appreciate the exquisite craftsmanship, I would love the opportunity to see them up close. 

* Master another language. I tried French while I was in school...only to find that I would need some sort of nose-and-throat operation in order to properly pronounce the words. So I'm thinking maybe Spanish, as it's one of the world's Top 3 most widely spoken languages.

* Learn to make authentic home-made Italian pasta in Florence or Tuscany. Pasta is my staple diet, so it would only be fitting that I learn to do this.

* Publish my series of children's books. I have yet to find an illustrator for them. I had written the series a while back, I just need to muster up the courage to show them to a publisher.

*Audition for SA Idols. I think this would be a nerve-wrecking, pulse racing but nevertheless exciting once-in-a-lifetime type of experience. I know that I don't have a snowball's chance in the Sahara of making it past the first round. But you never know, I may stand a chance at winning the highly coveted wooden mic award (for the worst singer of the season). 

Aim high, Shoot Low ;)

Switch lives with Elena in 'The Vampire Diaries'. Okay, so I must admit that this one is on my things-that-will-never-happen-but-a-girl-can-dream-anyway list. I don't even know a thing about acting. But Nina Dobrev has the best job in television series. She gets to play two completely contrasting but magnetic characters - the sweet, lovable Elena and feisty Katherine; and she has the unconditional, eternal, (and literally) undying love of both Damon and Stephan Salvatore. A role made in TV heaven, don't you think?





If you're also celebrating your birthday today or in February, wishing you a wonderful one!





P.S



One of my best friends read my bucket list yesterday and decided to help me out on my last wish. It may not be the real-life Stephan Salvatore...but it's a good start! Thanks Ms Mocha, That's what I call a really great friend :) Most Thoughtful Gift Ever! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top