Roland Mouret Spring 2012 Herbert Dress
French designer Roland Mouret is well known for his curve-hugging dresses with impeccable pencil skirts that flatter the female form. It's no wonder that five different celebrities picked out the exact same dress from his Spring 2012 collection. The colour-block dress features an ivory crepe wool off-the-shoulder top with folded neckline and nude grosgrain straps, a black tie-up belt and red plissé pencil skirt.
1. The first to put on the dress was Amy Adams back in November 2011. The red-haired actress looked graceful with side swept hair, opting to tie the belt to the back. She added the illusion of length with nude Jimmy Choo 'Anouk' pumps, which also complimented the straps.
2. Lifetime host Amanda de Cadenet wore the 'Herbert' dress in April 2012 for an InStyle event. Changing it up a bit, Amanda's dress had black shoulder straps. She stepped out in a pair of three bow-strapped 'Miss Butterfly' sandals by Christian Louboutin. I don't think this dress was the right fit for her.
3. Canadian actress Sarah Gadon wore the fitted frock for the 'Cosmopolis' photocall in Cannes during May of this year. The petite actress kept it simple with black peep-toe sandals, messy waves and a gold cuff. The dress is slightly looser on her.
4. 58-year-old actress Christie Brinkley proved that she looks just as good as any 25-year-old in the shapely dress. She chose this look for the Broadway Beacon Awards held in early June 2012. Seventies style hair and bold orange sandals complete her outfit.
5. Finally, the Mouret dress had another showing at the movie premiere of 'Ted' last month. Model Rhea Durham (the wife of Mark Wahlberg) looked stunning in the color-block frock, she dressed it up with a black clutch and satin and lace slingbacks by Christian Louboutin.
Polish beauty Jac Jagaciak modeled the popular dress for Roland Mouret's Spring 2012 show. It was paired with chunky wooden platform sandals on the runway.
As for Who Who It Better...I am wavering between the elegant Amy Adams and lovely Rhea Durham. Amy's choice of nude heel was spot on and Rhea gave it that glamourous model touch. What are your thoughts?