This Spring, expect temperatures to rise, and I am not referring to the weather. Sexy cut-outs have scissored their way into mainstream fashion, influenced by the runway designs seen at SS13 fashion week. A multitude of different designers showcased cut-outs in their collections, each with their own unique spin. Here's a look at a trend that's a cut above the rest...
On The Runway
Michael Kors and Emilio Pucci have already proved the marketability of the trend, with a slew of celebrities wearing their dresses. Balenciaga took the trend a step further by incorporating it into pants suits. Designers like Erdem, Jason Wu and Richard Chai showed off a more feminine side to cut-outs, while Alexander Wang and Cushnie et Ochs kept things perfectly parallel and geometric. Carven, Diane von Furstenburg and Narciso Rodriguez dealt in rich red hues, while BCBG and Roberto Cavalli stuck to a more monotone palette.
Celebrity Inspired Looks
These stylish ladies have all opted for brightly coloured dresses whilst out advocating the trend. Zoe Saldana went for a safari print in Carven. I like Alexandra Daddario's more simple take on the trend in a pretty shade of pink. Nina Dobrev looked like a modern mermaid in her turquoise dress. Irina Shayk & Karlie Kloss were both striking in fitted frocks by Michael Kors.
Black and white has emerged as popular colour choices to display the precision of the cut-outs on a dress silhouette. Gwyneth was suave in a Michael Kors look similar to Karlie's, while Alexis Bledel combined both shades in her chic Pamella Roland dress. Selena Gomez played it risqué with side cut-outs and a high slit. Jessica Alba was already on top of this trend early last year, seen in a sexy white Narciso Rodriguez number. Kate Bosworth reinvents the Little Black Dress with slit shoulders and sheer panels, which is by Emilio Pucci.
Get With the Trend
1. Topform royal blue dress with one shoulder and cut-out side. $42 Nastygal.com
2. Lips Like Sugar mint green dress with cut-out strap back. $52 Nastygal.com
3. Lemon sleeveless dress with v-neck and midriff cut-out. $23 Forever 21
4. Peach Tasha dress with cut-out neck & pleated high-low skirt. $50 Boohoo.com
5. White sundress with cut-out back. £22 Asos.com
6. Black chiffon dress with criss cross cut-out straps and waist £45 Mango.com
7. Black and red colourblocked skater dress with cut-out neckline. $46 Asos.com
8. Cerise pink sleeveless cut-out neck skater dress. £32 RiverIsland.com
What do you think of the Cut-Out dress trend. Hot or Not?